Do you know a success story of a cancer survivor? I have experienced this to a certain extent plus read some success stories. One person survived pancreatic cancer by eating coleslaw every day. If a person can beat cancer naturally, that means it is repeatable. We must not be destroyed by our lack of knowledge. Do whatever it takes to reverse ‘cancer’ from your body whether a change in lifestyle, food, or water. After all, if a person changes nothing, what would you expect? Yes, a return to cancer.
Being a nutritionist, I am anxious to delve right in and try any alternative approach that might work. In case you are doubting and skeptical about any natural way of eliminating the scary disease called cancer, let’s get some proof. A person needs to go 100% organic and use natural remedies. Do your research.
Mike Adams is known as the “Health Ranger.” Mike cured himself of disease through nutrition and he is the founder and editor of www.naturalnews.com. A plant-based diet, organic vegetables with a small amount of organic, wild-caught protein sources, are the key to healing. Here are some healthy suggestions:
1. Eliminate as much added sugars or carbohydrate as possible. Cancer feeds on sugar. Eat only fresh, whole, unprocessed, organic foods, as close to nature as you can get. So, if you want to eat a whole grain product, make sure it is a whole, intact grain, not a processed grain such as flour because any processed food converts to sugar faster. And, keep fruit to a minimum, as they contain a natural sugar. In fact, all carbs turn to sugar and so do all fats and proteins unless you are in ketosis. And even in ketosis there will always be a small amount of sugar produced during metabolism. (Ketosis is a normal metabolic process, something your body does to keep working. When it doesn’t have enough carbohydrates from food for your cells to burn for energy, it burns fat instead.)
2. Consider preparing your food in a variety of ways, including raw and cooked. Raw foods provide enzymes which are needed for every chemical reaction in the body. The best approach to optimizing digestive enzyme function is to make it a habit to consume some raw vegetables at every meal.
Include cruciferous vegetables, both raw and cooked, containing cancer crushing compounds to rid toxins from the body. This cruciferous team is made up of bok choy, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, collard greens, kale, kohlrabi, radishes, rutabaga, turnips, and watercress.
Moreover, include antioxidants, particularly glutathione to neutralize free radicals, enhance the immune system and detoxify the liver. The best source of glutathione is asparagus, spinach, avocado, squash, grapefruit, and peaches.
Steam or poach your cooked food instead of frying or charbroiling.
3. Consider adding supplements, herbs, and spices to your diet, such as curcumin, ginger, vitamin D, and vitamin B17.
The majority of studies found a protective relationship between sufficient vitamin D status and lower risk of cancer. Vitamin D helps to regulate the amount of calcium and phosphorus in the body
Here’s a list of foods containing vitamin B17.
Take a look at the plate of food above, Lima beans (a.k.a. Butter Beans) in a Fennel Lemon Sauce, Beets with Goat Cheese, Beet Leaf Pesto and Buckwheat Bread with Pumpkin Seeds. It was quite tasty despite being healthy with many essential vitamins and minerals that are hard to get with other foods. Three of these foods, lima beans, buckwheat and beet greens, are known to contain vitamin B17 which releases a specific and powerful cytotoxin.
4. Consider the protein and fats in the diet. Those Butter Beans on the plate above, are such a good source of protein that they are considered a protein like meat and chicken. Lima beans (Butter beans) provide molybdenum, copper, manganese, iron, zinc, and magnesium along with B-vitamins specifically thiamin, riboflavin and folate, which are necessary for turning the carbs one eats into energy. Moreover, this plate of food is a fiber all star! These same benefits are found in the beets and the beet leaf pesto. Beets come loaded with a unique source of betaine, a nutrient that helps protects cells, proteins, and enzymes from environmental stress. Beetroot is known to ward off tumor formation, cancer, and purify the blood.
Dietary fat has been subject to misunderstanding and myth. For the last 40 years, the theory was that foods labeled “low-fat, no-fat, and light” were healthier. Saturated fats are required for the nerves to function properly, and over half the fat in the brain is saturated. The saturated fats suppress inflammation and carry vitamins A, D, E, and K which we need in large amounts to be healthy. Those healthy fats include grass-fed butter, wild-caught fish, extra-virgin olive oil, avocados, coconut oil, pastured organic eggs, nuts, flax seed/oil, and organic red palm oil (a great source of vitamin A and E). Raw nuts and seeds, including pumpkin seeds, are one of the best sources of plant-based omega-3s.
5. Avoid genetically engineered foods (GMOs) as they are most likely carcinogenic. Of course, if one eats organic foods, you are already avoiding GMO foods.
6. Eliminate exposure to radiation, toxins, and stress which are major contributors to disease.
7. Optimize gut flora by eating naturally fermented food as a probiotic, such as refrigerated sauerkraut.
8. Consider fasting 3 to 4 times per year. There’s evidence that it gives a number of health benefits such as: starves cancer cells, reboots the immune system, and neuron cell regeneration. There could be many more reasons for fasting as well. Just keep in mind that every person is different. Fasting is a discipline that has stood the test of time.
9. Exercise and physical activity certainly helps with cancer reduction. Physical activity is essential in controlling body weight since obesity is a major factor for cancer. Many studies confirm that physical activity is cancer protective.
10. Avoid tobacco use. Simply said, a certain percentage of cancers is directly caused by tobacco and is preventable
Some people recommend oxygen therapy such as the Budwig diet, hydrogen perioxide, and other forms of oxygen, but none of these has proven to be cancer specific. Our body cells can burn carbs or fat for fuel whereas cancer cells are not this flexible as discovered by Dr. Otto Warburg in the 1930s.
Dr. Mercola interviews Dr. D’Agostino below for more details about integrating a ketogenic diet with hyperbaric oxygen therapy which is deadly to cancer cells debilitated by starving them of their fuel source.
From my research some cancers are genetically determined but most are related to environment such as those listed above and changes to healthy cells that might be brought on by infections and viruses.
Interview, an excerpt from Kevin Gianni’s Rawkathon found at http://www.naturalnews.com/026135_cancer_products_health.html#ixzz3TNCsW87y